Is March a Good Month to Move?
March in Tennessee brings blustery days, sudden spring rain showers, flowers blooming all around us – and the beginning of peak moving season. When the weather grows warmer and the days get longer, many people start thinking about making a fresh start. After all, spring symbolizes growth and rebirth.
Packing Tips for a Spring Move
Packing for a springtime move is a lot like getting ready to relocate at any other time of year. However, since March has a reputation for unpredictable weather, here are some helpful tips for you.
- Don’t pack rain gear up with other items. Have raincoats, boots and umbrellas on hand to wear if necessary.
- Keep a close eye on the forecast for the day of your move, and adjust your plans as needed.
- Thoroughly seal your moving boxes to avoid their contents getting dusted with pollen.
- Create an alternate plan for loading and unloading if the weather is an issue. For example, if you have a garage, put large or valuable items there, so your movers can pull the truck right up to the door and minimize the time these belongings will face the elements.
- To prevent slip-and-fall injuries, have towels and mops on hand to wipe up any water from your entryway.
Turn Your Spring Cleaning Into Decluttering
When warmer weather comes around, many people welcome the new season by spring cleaning their houses. If you do this in preparation for a March move, you can also get rid of unwanted or unneeded items along the way. Consider hosting a garage sale so these belongings can find a second life in a new home. Alternatively, you can transfer rarely used possessions into a storage unit to give yourself more time to get organized.
A tidy home always shows better and makes it easier for people to envision themselves living there. As part of your spring cleaning, you might also want to paint a few walls to make them look bright and cheerful, or even add new window treatments to let more natural light stream in.
Book Your March Move Early
If you’re planning to move this spring, it’s wise to reserve your spot early. Since springtime is peak moving season, you’ll do yourself and your moving crew a favor by not waiting until the last minute. As soon as you have a desired date or time frame when you want the move to take place, call for a quote.
Fox Moving and Storage is Chattanooga’s leading company specializing in local and long-distance relocations, expert packing and unpacking services and white-glove delivery. Our experienced, professional team has received hundreds of glowing reviews from satisfied customers because we treat every customer’s belongings with care.
To learn more about how we can make your spring relocation experience seamless and enjoyable, please request your complimentary quote today.